Saturday, September 6, 2008

B12 Shots Anyone??

So in the move, I misplaced our cables for downloading photos onto the computer. Needless to say, I won't put any pics up until that is found. On another note: As a mother, I feel a little sluggish and moody at times. I find myself yawning from 3pm until I go to bed most days. I feel a little impatient a lot and sometimes snap at my kids. Can you believe it? Sound familiar?? Well, I was at the doctor the other day getting my blood tested for the second time, and she told me that on my last test, I was slightly anemic. No big deal, I take some iron and it should be restored soon. But, she decides to give me a Vitamin B12 shot. She says that a lot of people come in regularly for this. B12 and all the B Complex vitamins aid in weight loss, mood enhancement and increased energy. Okay, so I got this painless shot on Wednesday, and I am not kidding, I feel great; even after 4 days. I feel like I am on caffeine or fat-burners but without the shakes and jitters. I feel really productive and most important, I am more patient with my kids. I am yet to find out how long it works for me or if it is just as effective as taking it in pill form. Some people claim the effects last up to a month. We will see, but I do recommend you give it a try at your next check-up!

6 comments:

Crin said...

I feel like we've totally talked about vitamin B, but I didn't know it came in a shot. I never snap at my kids or get moody though. haha I could have given them away this week... maybe I'm up for a dose myself. Talk to you later
Crin

Analee and Joe said...

Hi Dena! I need your email address. I have a blog(well sort of) but im going to make it private. I feel like you guys are family since we saw you all the time when you were here and it would be fun to check your blog out. With Joes career i need to make it private. So if you ever wanna see our little family i need to add you to the list. Hope Utah is treatin ya well. Take Care!

Lisa Danielson said...

Awesome! I am usually done after 3 pm too (especially on the days I wake up at 5!)I've always wanted to try a B shot--maybe now I will

Molly said...

Hi Dena! Good to hear from you and good to see you've joined the blog world! I'm confused. Do you have 2 or 3 kids? The family photo on your profile looks like 3 kids. This is twice today I've heard about B12. I'm for sure trying it!

The Hill Family said...

Dena!!!!! I found you through Molly's blog. I hope that is okay! Your kids are adorable!!! Blog are great; ours is bandehill.blogspot.com

Hope all is well! Tell Brady hi!

Aimee Wilson said...

I am going to try that! I seriously think you should do a seperate blog called "Dena's Health Tips" you are always on top of that kind of thing.
Call me when you can play again!
-Da Bain