Sunday, November 15, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!

My 12 minute baby: Gray was born on Tuesday, November 10th.  (A day before Maddie's 5th birthday).  She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 19.5 inches long.  I started having contractions at 1:30 Tuesday morning and woke Brady up at 3:30 am to go to the hospital.  We threw the kids and our bags in the car, called my parents and dropped the kids off in the middle of the road off of the freeway.  Madeline was so excited and poor Diesel looked sad and confused.  We got to the hospital at 4:50am (thanks to Brady's wicked driving skills and going 110 mph!!!).  She was born 12 minutes later at 5:02.  I still can't believe I was only in labor for 3 1/2 hours.  






9 comments:

Mandy said...

Yea!! She is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Let me know what I can do this week to help!!!

The Shepherd Family said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! You forgot to post her stats...she's beautiful. I find out what I'm having this thursday!!! i hope I get a girl just like you!

The Hill Family said...

Yea!!! She is absolutely beautiful! And how can you look so good after giving birth, Dena? No fair! You all look so happy. Congrats!!

Lorie Walters said...

What a cutie! She seems so alert! Congratulations! Wish I was there (or you were here) so I could be your VT! Miss you!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Harris family! I'm so excited for you guys and I love her name. That delivery sounds a little scary. 12 minutes...I'm so glad you didn't have her in the car!

Lisa Danielson said...

Girl- you are such a rockstar!! I bet you didn't even have time for the drugs!! And she is a good size baby--she is so beautiful--we'll have to get together when you are feeling up to it!!

Trishia said...

You put us to shame looking that good after having a baby! Congratulations! She is so cute! Can't wait to see her.

Crin said...

Oh she's so adorable! You look great of course too. Wish I was there to help out... Can't believe we have 3 kids!! What are we doing?!

Aimee Wilson said...

Yay! I am so happy for you that you had sisters and everything went well!